Located in the market town of Bicester, Oxfordshire, Bicester Bridal is one of my favourite bridal boutiques to visit. From the friendly welcome, to the stunning yet affordable wedding dresses, there is always something new to discover at Bicester Bridal. Since first opening their doors in 2011, Owner Maddy, has worked exceptionally hard to create an exclusive, professional haven for Brides to Be and their wedding parties.
Today it is my pleasure to hand over to Maddy for some top tips on choosing your wedding dress and some gorgeous wedding dress designs to inspire you in your search for ‘The One’…
What are Top 5 Tips for choosing a Wedding Dress?
- Come to your fitting with an open mind, most girls fall in love with a dress they never expected. Be guided by the shop staff, they will have a good idea of what sort of dress will suit your shape.
- Don’t bring too many people to the fitting, lots of people means lots of opinions which can cause confusion for the bride
- Look around, even if you love the first dress you try on, its best to visit other shops to make sure you’ve explored all options.
- Have a budget in mind, which also includes alterations and accessories, its these smaller things that all add up.
- Shop for the dress in the size that you are now and not what you hope to be, dresses can altered to make them smaller if needed.
What are your Key Trend predictions for 2014?
Subtle colours are definitely ‘on trend’ currently, with many new samples arriving in colours such as Blush, Champagne and Gold. Lace is still very popular with brides and the new collections reflect this whilst incorporating straps, belts and other detachable accessories to make each dress individual.
Statement headwear is also going to be prominent for the coming seasons, with lots of glitz and sparkle continuing the popular ‘Gatsby’ theme.
Which are your personal 5 favourite Wedding Dresses currently available in your boutique?
Stella York – Bella (5932)
Stella York – Ashley (5922)
Stella York – Annalise (5923)
Mori Lee – Florence (1901)
Stella York – Serena (5708)
What you love about Weddings:
Being part of someone’s most special and memorable day!!!
Contact Bicester Bridal: